Visit Wales have just released a series of 3 incredible road trip journeys called The Wales Way designed for all the explorers amongst you. And we think you are going to absolutely love what you see! So we thought we would tell you a little bit about what we like to do in the places you’ll be visiting along the way.
Photo credit – Jordy Merry
Here are a few things that we love to do along the route.
- Check out the history of our home at Rhondda Heritage Park. Situated just down the road from our base in Pontypridd at the former Lewis Merthyr Colliery. Here you can take a guided underground tour and learn about the hardships, heroics and life of a Welsh miner. (Photo Credit – Rhondda Heritage Park)
- Cowbridge – Check out the idyllic town with it’s gorgeous independent shops and indoor vintage market and café. Happy Days Vintage Home Store is laden with hidden gems and you can grab a mean piece of cake while you’re there too.
- Another favourite thing of ours along the route is the Corris Craft Centre. Check out the studios with everything from chocolate to jewellery and candles to pottery. We have heard incredible things about the Dyfi Distillery and would definitely recommend that you pop in. They infuse their incredible, small batch, artisan gin with wild welsh botanicals. A lovely way to warm yourself up after a day on the open road. (Photo Credit – Dyfi Distillery)
- Work you way up north and pay a visit to the beautiful Gwydir Castle which was once home to the influential Wynn Family. It’s a beautiful Tudor building with stunning grounds, and even a ghost or two, as the stories go. (Photo Credit – Gwydir Castle)
- Last but certainly by no means least, Surf Snowdonia. A trip up to the Conwy Valley would not be complete without experiencing the world first inland surfing lagoon. A vast expanse of water, with guaranteed waves, where learning to surf is a must. (Photo Credit – Surf Snowdonia)
Enjoy your holiday guys and tune in next time for some more tips.