We really love to cook on our BBQ when we are on our camping holidays but we also love to pop out to grab a bite or a coffee and explore the local eateries too.
Here is a list of 5 of our favs from our trip to St David’s.
- Pick Up A Coffee To Go At unsunghero – We absolutely LOVE coffee and we highly recommend you get yourselves down to unsunghero in St David’s for a coffee to go. Nestled into the back of a super cool surf shop, the unsunghero coffee cart serves the most delicious flat white. Be sure to call in and grab a brew before you stroll down to the beach for your daily surf. You will almost certainly find something that you want to buy there too. They have everything from wetsuits and handcrafted surf boards to Havaiana flip flops, sunglasses and even Aeropress coffee makers. (Campers take note; these are an absolute must for your van if you’re coffee fanatics like us!)
- Eat Al Fresco With A Dusty-Knuckle Pizza And Your Buddies – Situated behind the fabulous TYF base, this sourdough pizza cart offers an exciting array of flavours for your pizza. Dusty Knuckle serves everything from your classic margherita to a whole host of flavours from Solva Crab to Njuda Sausage. There is plenty of seating outside around picnic benches and a little outside bar for a fantastic social atmosphere al fresco style!
- Sip on a pint at The Farmers Arms – The Farmer’s Arms is the perfect campers retreat after a long day in the fresh air. This cosy pub has a few different rooms to choose from; one with an open log fire for those winter months and one with a pool table. In the summer, grab yourself a table outside and sip on a pint as you take in the stunning views of the cathedral and rolling hills. Perfect for a good old summer time session. The selection of real ales at this pub is awesome and definitely enough to satisfy any beer critic. The guys down at The Farmer’s Arms also serve lovely traditional pub grub seven days a week. What a brucey bonus!
- Tuck into a hearty portion of Fish and Chips at The Shed in Porthgain –This quayside bistro not only has the most stunning sea views, but also quite possibly the BEST fish and chips that I have ever had! And who doesn’t love a battered haddock! Take a walk around the gorgeous harbour of Porthgain, or stop off on your walk of the coastal path for the most delicious and generous helping of fish and chips this side of the Severn Bridge! All fish served here is caught locally and there are also heaps of other things on the menu to try too.
- Celebrate your holiday in style at cwtch* in St David’s – Cwtch means a warm affectionate cuddle. With a passion for “delicious, honest food”, cwtch* is the place to go for some top notch tucker. Their menu is based on local, seasonal produce and changes regularly but there is always an excellent selection to choose from. We like to come here at the end of our holiday to raise our glass to a perfect week.
Pop back and see us next week for more top camping tips on where to go, what to do and how to save those hard earned pennies.
Ta ta for now,